Born Friday 13 February 1948. Father (Norwegian) Priest in Methodist church and
Mother (Swedish) Professional Mother always present when needed and still are.
Ruben is married, has 4 grown up children (3s, 1d), 4 grandchildren,
2 brothers, 1 sister.
Started as a professional clown 22/2 1972.
Awarded with State cultural price 1978.
Clown of honour at USSR State Circus School in Moscow 1982.
He has toured in all Scandinavia and Nordic Countries including
• 2 times in Faeroe Island,
• 7 times in Iceland [click] and
• 6 times in Greenland [click]; visiting 47 places giving 94 performances
touring with dog sledges, helicopters and boats. [The film: "Like a Fly]
• Also (several times), toured in USA, England, Scotland, Holland, Poland
and Soviet Union (Russia, Georgia, Yalta, Siberia, Baltic States).
He is the only western circus performer/Clown that worked in a USSR Circus
production, touring in Soviet Union periodically during years 1988 - 1993. [click]
Clownen Ruben has also participated in classical drama festivals.
Some few • of several personal records and coming cooperation are;
- Festspelen i Bergen Norway (Bergen International Festival) -1980,
- Reykjavik Arts Festival -1982,
- Mariinsky (former Kirovsky) Theatre Russia -1992 –1993 [click],
- Tampere International Theatre Festival Finland -1992,
- Orchestre Philharmonique de Monte-Carlo –Nov. 2006
- Malmö Symphony Orchestra Sweden -9/2 2008,
- The Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra -January 2012 (Designing agreement),
- Recife Brazil -Autumn 2012 (Designing agreement.)
For several years Clownen Ruben works as a consultant for companies like;
Ericsson, Hewlett Packard, Scandinavian Cellulosa AB (SCA),
state-, province- and regional- administrations. More.
Titled: "Company philosopher". [click]
He builds company cultures and upgrades systems for employees;
Motivation, participation, quality, communication and more.
Ruben lives on Ulvön. A tiny little secluded island (5m-1m) in North Sweden where,
during summer, he runs the prestigious Anrika Café Måsen (Café Seagull).
He also produces "Surströmming" [click] which is a sybarite and
very special north Swedish delicacy.
Ruben holds the title "Preses" as President of SurströmmingsAkademien.
His idea of life quality is; Working maximum 4-5 month a year.
Rest of time reduce costs by; Fishing, hunting, picking mushrooms and berries.
Cut wood for heating. Cook, eat and drink well. Visit friends.
Climb mountains and participate in emotional / cultural / philosophical activities.